We are seeking an Accounting Officer to join our team. Are you laser focused on numbers but still find time to have a little fun, like ‘throw-back Tuesday’ or online bingo?. Seriously, we are seeking an Accounting Officer to join our team.
In a nutshell, you will handle the operational financial records, prepare invoices, record payments, and manage expenses.
- Maintain bank transactions and weekly bank reconciliation and account reconciliations;
- Do bank runs or equivalent as per COVID restrictions;
- Prepare journal entries, along with posting entries in accounting systems;
- Analyze and prepare bank deposits, maintain electronic and physical financial records;
- Process and enter invoices, expense reports and other financial transactions, including tax remittances;
- Ensure employees, contractors, and vendors are paid on time;
- Is familiar with and can enforce and maintain the accounting procedures/practices and internal controls of the Tax Dept and Companies Office as required;
- Prepare monthly transaction reports;
- Digitize documents and process to dematerialize the accounting and send certain information to the head office;
- Post accounts Receivable and Payables entries into the accounting software.
- Monitor client payment portal
- Monitor online sales
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent data entry skills;
- Must be able to organize material and present information clearly and concisely in verbal and written form;
- Must be able to maintain sensitive and confidential information;
- Must be able to perform duties independently without close supervision;
- Must demonstrate skills in PC software applications, specifically the MS Office programs Excel and Word;
- Must be tech savvy with accounting software exposure
- Familiar with online accounting software
- Post-secondary education, preferably Accounting designation;
- At least 2 years’ experience in an accounting role
Must – Have:
We will be a good fit if you are an organized, enthusiastic and professional person who is self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
If you do not have all the requirements above but think we are a good fit, please apply.