The Project Manager’s overarching responsibility is to lead the delivery of the organization’s strategic projects via engagement of cross-functional teams with focus on people, process and technology.
· Implement standardization in the project execution process by developing a methodology based on proven best practices and established standards
· Defining objectives, scope, schedule and ground rules for projects/initiatives
· Organizing and leading project status and working meetings; preparing and disseminating progress reports;
· Organizing work execution in accordance with objectives of projects/initiatives
· Employing problem solving tactics to address issues and impediments that arise
· Define process and product quality metrics and monitor progress
· Develop strategies for achieving successful and timely delivery of projects
· Identify and monitor project risks
· Estimate and monitor project budget
· Acquire technical and human resources needed to meet objectives
· Establish and plan key milestones to guide scheduling of detailed activities.
· Set-up communication cadence and dynamics with internal and external stakeholders
· Plan and facilitate kick-off and closure activities.
Support execution teams to maintain a positive team dynamic and experience via:-
· Facilitating team building to ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project/initiative and making a meaningful contribution, identifying challenges and identify solutions to resolve.
· Create an environment to facilitate constructive two-way feedback.
· Assist in fostering buy-in and support for objectives and overcoming barriers to project success.
• Effectively communicating to all stakeholders on progress and facilitate
their involvement and input
• Keep teams focused on the project goals, consistently engendering a sense of ownership for delivering value
· Authorize payments for project expenses according to approved budget.
· Obtain human and technical resources upon approval of project
· Overall success of projects as measured by defined and agreed metrics and measurements related to value delivery.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business or related field.
· A minimum of three years’ experience in managing projects; at least 2 years’ experience with Technology projects would be an asset
· Project Management Training
· Project Management Certification would be an asset