The Finance Project Manager is responsible for executing the overarching governance principles over in-flight finance projects.
Digicel Group is a total communications and entertainment provider with operations in 32 markets in the Caribbean, Central America and Asia Pacific.
After 18 years of operation, total investment to date stands at over US$5 billion worldwide. The company is renowned for delivering best value, best service and best network.
Digicel also runs a host of community-based initiatives across its markets and has set up Digicel Foundations in Haiti, Jamaica, Papua New Guinea and Trinidad and Tobago which focus on educational, cultural and social development programmes.
Visit www.digicelgroup.com for more information.
The Finance Project Manager is responsible for executing the overarching governance principles over in-flight finance projects. They will support the Project Office Director to mitigate risk of inflight projects and ensure their mutual success, whilst ensuring that different projects are aligned / dependencies met / resource conflicts managed etc. Provides quality and risk inputs to ensure ‘safe’ delivery and enable sharing of best practice cross-projects. Supports the overall transformation story so end user experience is optimised and coherent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the day-to-day management of the portfolio plan including detailed dependencies / change control over portfolio impacting changes
- Manage one or more Finance projects to successful completion within plan and budget
- Contributes to and leads aspects of pan-organisation design authority, including data boards
- Collate and share best practice approaches / methodologies
- Leads aspects of the development & deployment of overall transformation change story i.e. ensuring an end user understands the overall journey and how each project contributes
- Deploy quality standards & quality management approach
- Support the wider management resource conflicts and take (through governance) decision on resource priorities
- Identify and support mitigation of organisational level risk
- Monitor and help manage cross-project vendor delivery e.g. if vendors are supporting multiple programmes
- Drive value management ensuring target benefits of individual projects are clear (including accountabilities) and monitor delivery
- Financial control (act as ultimate financial gateway) consolidating and support action on financial performance
- Consolidate programme / project status (for purpose of taking action to address portfolio risk)
- Programme progress reporting to stakeholders
- Adherence to governance and quality
- People management and development for PMO team
- Reporting on project budgets
- Managing projects to their business case
Academic qualifications and experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Programme management certification e.g. APM, Prince2, PMP etc
- Five years plus (5+) of relevant experience in project management in the Finance area
- Ability to lead a support successful project delivery to timelines and budget to achieve business outcomes
- Commercial and operational acumen, through experience of finance business partnering or adjacent functions.
- Previous experience establishing organizational structure and allocation of duties through management of subordinate teams.
- Previous experience of leading a team and having direct reports
- Proficiency in using ERP systems and MS products, such as Excel and Word
- Lean/Six Sigma exposure or equivalent desired.
- Ability to interact with leadership, key stakeholders, employees and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ensuring delivery of the project with agreed output
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and manage deadlines effectively
- Ability to manage and lead a team of Project Analysts in support
Finance Project Manager